- Meaning – The characteristic sound uttered by a duck, An untrained person who pretends to be a physician.
- Synonyms – Charlatan, fake, fraud, mountebank, phony.
- Antonyms – genuine, original, real.
- Usage – The ducks quacked noisily as they swam across the pond.
- Meaning – An animal having four feet.
- Synonyms – four-footed, quadrupedal.
- Antonyms – biped, bipedal.
- Usage – An Elephant is a quadruped animal.
- Meaning – To drink deeply.
- Synonyms – gulp, guzzle, hoist, imbibe, sip, swig.
- Antonyms – eject.
- Usage – We stopped at a bar and quaffed a few beers.
- Meaning – Land with a soft muddy surface, A difficult, often embarrassing situation or condition.
- Synonyms – mire, marsh, swamp,morass, bog, fen, bad-situation, difficulty, dilemma.
- Antonyms – blessing, solution, success.
- Usage – Overnight rain had turned the grass airstrip into a quagmire.
- Meaning – To shrink back in fear, an Old World migratory game bird.
- Synonyms – shrink, cringe, flinch, droop, faint.
- Antonyms – face, meet.
- Usage – We had quail for dinner.