- Meaning – A person regarded as stupid and clumsy.
- Synonyms – gawk, lout, lubber, clod.
- Antonyms – genius, intellect, smart.
- Usage – That stupid oaf is always knocking things over.
- Meaning – A solemn, formal declaration or promise to fulfill a pledge, often calling on God, a god, or a sacred object as witness.
- Synonyms – promise, pledge, vow, troth, swear.
- Antonyms – denial, disavowal.
- Usage – He swore an oath to support the king.
- Meaning – Meal made from oats.
- Synonyms – Burgoo, rolled oats, porridge.
- Antonyms – //Comment if you know.
- Usage – She eats oatmeal with milk for breakfast.
- Meaning – Stubbornly persistent in wrongdoings.
- Synonyms – affectless, heartless, unmerciful, unfeeling.
- Antonyms – Kind, tender, merciful, warm.
- Usage – Obdurate conscience of the old sinner.
- Meaning – A gesture or movement of the body, such as a curtsy, that expresses deference or homage.
- Synonyms – tribute, homage, respect, deference, bow.
- Antonyms – disrespect, disregard.
- Usage – He graciously accepted our obeisances.