- Meaning – (Astronomy) the point on the celestial sphere directly below an observer and diametrically opposite the zenith; Lowest point.
- Synonyms – lowest point, bottom.
- Antonyms – top, summit, height, peak, zenith.
- Usage – The nadir of their fortunes.
- Meaning – Consisting of or characterized by the telling of a story.
- Synonyms – account, statement, story, report.
- Antonyms – rambling
- Usage – The narrative of the expedition varied according to who was telling it.
- Meaning – Coming into existence.
- Synonyms – emerging, beginning, dawning, developing.
- Antonyms – dying, moribund.
- Usage – The artist’s nascent style soon brought gallery owners to his doorstep.
- Meaning – The act or skill of swimming.
- Synonyms – swim, floating.
- Antonyms – //Comment if you Know.
- Usage – It was the natation they enjoyed the most in summer vacation.
- Meaning – Neat, trim, and smart.
- Synonyms – dapper, smart, dashing, stylish.
- Antonyms – unfashionable, unstylish, untidy, dishevelled, dirty, ungroomed
- Usage – A natty outfit.