- Meaning – A tube-shaped optical instrument that is rotated to produce a succession of symmetrical designs by means of mirrors reflecting the constantly changing patterns made by bits of colored glass at one end of the tube.
- Synonyms – Multicolor
- Antonyms – Monochrome
- Usage – The bustling market streets are a kaleidoscope of color.
- Meaning – range of knowledge or perception.
- Synonyms – perception, understanding, grasp, fathom.
- Antonyms – imperception, misunderstanding, incomprehension
- Usage – beyond the ken of average layman.
- Meaning – One who spoils the enthusiasm or fun of others.
- Synonyms – spoilsport, wet blanket, party pooper
- Antonyms – celebrator.
- Usage – danny, don’t be such a killjoy.
- Meaning – To set fire to; ignite.
- Synonyms – inspire, excite, ignite, thrill, provoke, stimulate.
- Antonyms – quell, extinguish, quench.
- Usage – The kernel coding kindled his interest in Linux.
- Meaning – A group of related persons, as a clan or tribe.
- Synonyms – clan, kinsfolk, allied, related.
- Antonyms – irrelevant, noncorresponding, unaffiliated, unrelated
- Usage – He gave close attention to natural history, astronomy and kindred subjects.