- Meaning – Haggard means worn out and exhausted because of suffering.
- Synonyms – gaunt, wasted, thin, wrinkled, wan.
- Antonyms – healthy, Energetic, fresh, rigours, hale.
- Usage – She is still too pale, but does not look so haggard as she did this morning.
- Meaning – To bargain, as over the price of something.
- Synonyms – bargain, wrangle, dicker, negotiate, disagree.
- Antonyms – agree, comply, concur
- Usage – He preferred to be overcharged than to haggle.
- Meaning – A fabled bird, identified with the kingfisher, that was supposed to have had the power to calm the wind and the waves while it nested on the sea during the winter solstice : Calm and peaceful
- Synonyms – happy, peaceful, calm, gentle, tranquil.
- Antonyms – troubled, turbulent.
- Usage – My heart is like a rainbow shell That paddles in a halcyon sea — Christina Rossetti.
- Meaning – Free from infirmity or illness.
- Synonyms – healthy, strong, well, blooming, fit.
- Antonyms – sick, unhealthy, unwell, weak.
- Usage – Eat a apple a day to look hale and healthy.
- Meaning – Perception of visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or gustatory experiences without an external stimulus and with a compelling sense of their reality, usually resulting from a mental disorder or as a response to a drug.
- Synonyms – illusion, mirage, delusion, apparition, vision.
- Antonyms – fact, reality, truth.
- Usage – are you having the hallucinations by looking at the picture?