- Meaning – A raised platform, as in for lecture, prize distribution.
- Synonyms – stage, podium, rostrum.
- Antonyms – // comment if you know.
- Usage – She went on to the dais to take prize.
02. DALLY / DAWDLE
- Meaning – To waste time, to trifle.
- Synonyms – Dawdle, timepass, waste-time, linger, loiter, hang, trifle.
- Antonyms – hasten, hurry, step up.
- Usage – He was dallying instead of studying for GRE.
- Meaning – unpleasantly humid, Slightly wet.
- Synonyms – damp, moist.
- Antonyms – dry, parched.
- Usage – They huddled together into the dank forest.
- Meaning – Neatly dressed; trim.
- Synonyms – neat, nice, smart, trim, stylish, dainty.
- Antonyms – unstylish, untidy, dishevelled, dirty, ungroomed.
- Usage – A dapper man.
- Meaning – To cover or smear with a soft adhesive substance such as plaster, grease, or mud.
- Synonyms – smear, plaster, cover, paint, smirch.
- Antonyms – // Comment if you know.
- Usage – Man apply an extra daub of colour.
- Meaning – To abate the courage of; discourage.
- Synonyms – discourage, dismay, shake, frighten, scare, terrify, intimidate.
- Antonyms – support, encourage, inspire, comfort, cheer.
- Usage – Isn’t that a daunting task?
- Meaning – A standstill resulting from the opposition of two unrelenting forces or factions.
- Antonyms – agreement, breakthrough.
- Usage – Climate talks ended in a deadlock at Copenhegen.
- Meaning – A blank, expressionless face.
- Synonyms –expressionless, poker-faced, inexpressive, impassive.
- Antonyms – comical, expressive.
- Usage – The deadpan expression of the smiley.
- Meaning – A scarce supply, Shortage of food.
- Synonyms – lack, scarcity, shortage, insufficiency, need.
- Antonyms – sufficient, abundant, excess, plenty.
- Usage – A dearth of rain.
- Meaning – A sudden, disastrous collapse, downfall.
- Synonyms – disaster, catastrophe, fiasco, rout.
- Antonyms – boon, miracle, wonder.
- Usage – The climate change conference in Copenhagen was a debacle.