- Meaning – Extending far downward or inward from a surface, extremely or hopelessly bad or severe.
- Synonyms – deep, abyss, bottomless, profound, fathomless, immeasurable, extremely bad.
- Antonyms – measurable, fathomable.
- Usage –The abysmal well.
- Meaning – An immeasurably deep chasm.
- Synonyms – chasm, deep, hallow, ravine, cavity, deep, abysmal.
- Antonyms – measurable, not deep.
- Usage –Lost in the deep abysses of water.
- Meaning –to express approval.
- Synonyms – assent, agree, acquiesce, comply, concede, accept, nod.
- Antonyms – deny, refuse, condemn, demur, denounce.
- Usage –The two acceded to work together.
- Meaning – To praise enthusiastically and often publicly, to acknowledge.
- Synonyms – praise, applaud, acclamation, hail, herald
- Antonyms – dishonor, disapproval, berate, vituperate.
- Usage – Acclaim the deserved.
- Meaning – To adapt oneself to environmental or climatic changes.
- Synonyms – adapt, adjust, conform.
- Antonyms – unacclimatize.
- Usage –people acclimatize when there is change in weather.
- Meaning –An upward slope.
- Synonyms – ascent, rise, raise, climb, upgrade, incline, slope.
- Antonyms – declivity, decline.
- Usage – Sign showing acclivity ahead.
- Meaning – an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit.
- Synonyms – award, recognition, prize, trophy, honor, reward.
- Antonyms – criticism.
- Usage – His works were accoladed.
- Meaning – A person who knowingly participates with another in an unlawful act, crime or wrongdoing, partner in crime.
- Synonyms – confederate, associate, assistant, helper, decoy, steerer, supporter.
- Antonyms – adversary, enemy, opponent.
- Usage – Abu Allibi was an accomplice of Bin Laden.
- Meaning – An agreement between parties.
- Synonyms – agree, agreement, concord, consort, harmonize, rapport, treaty.
- Antonyms – disagreement, dissonance, dissension.
- Usage – The two parties accorded for peace.
- Meaning – To approach and speak to boldly or aggressively.
- Synonyms – come up to, address, greet, recognize, approach, snare, hook, solicit, waylay.
- Antonyms – avoid, dodge, evade, ignore, scorn, shun.
- Usage – President is being accosted by body guards.