- Meaning – to abolish, to cancel by an authority.
- Synonyms – abolish, annul, annihilate.
- Antonyms – continue approve, retain.
- Usage – Let us see if new laws abrogate the right to work.
- Meaning – the act or process of cutting off.
- Synonyms – removal, cutting off, shedding, sloughing.
- Antonyms – attach, join.
- Usage – The picture depicts the abscission of a branch.
- Meaning –to depart in a sudden and secret manner, esp. to avoid capture and legal prosecution.
- Synonyms – hide, depart, run away, flee.
- Antonyms – arrive, stay, reappear, remain, be present.
- Usage – Forces are searching the absconded Bin Laden.
- Meaning – Loosed from any limitation, perfect in quality and nature.
- Synonyms – Uncontrolled, Unrestricted, Authoritative, dictatorial, autocratic.
- Antonyms – Accountable, limited, responsible.
- Usage – Adolf Hitler wanted the absolute power.
- Meaning – to set free from an obligation or the consequences of guilt.
- Synonyms – forgive, discharge, pardon, vindicate, set free.
- Antonyms – charge, convict, excoriate.
- Usage – Lord Jesus absolves us all from our sins.
- Meaning – To refrain from something by one’s own choice.
- Synonyms – refrain, withhold, resist.
- Antonyms – pursue, persist.
- Usage – Abstinence is the key of life. abstain from sex. 😉
- Meaning – a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance, existing only in the mind.
- Synonyms – theoretical, complex, conceptual, unrealistic, unpractical, hypothetical, abstract.
- Antonyms – concrete, definite, real.
- Usage – abstract art is very valuable these days.
- Meaning – hard to understand.
- Synonyms – obscure, abstract, esoteric, difficult, obsolete, recondite.
- Antonyms – clear, easy, lucid, simple, concrete.
- Usage – Abstruse subjects are hard to understand.
- Meaning – characterized by wrong or improper use or action, using harsh insulting language.
- Synonyms – Insulting, slanderous, calumniating, disparage, maligning.
- Antonyms – Praising, eulogistic, laudatory, panegyric.
- Usage – Using abusive language and insulting prisoners.
- Meaning – to touch along the border, to border upon or end at.
- Synonyms – adjoin, border, neighbor, meet, touch.
- Antonyms – Center
- Usage – The 2 properties shown in Figure abut one another.
Edit: Provided by Rohan