- Meaning – To lower in rank, prestige, or esteem, to humiliate.
- Synonyms – Debase,degrade,humiliate.
- Antonyms – dignify, honor, respect.
- Usage – He felt abased when his clothes were removed.
- Meaning – To make ashamed or uneasy, disconcert, to embarrass.
- Synonyms – confound, confuse, embarrass.
- Antonyms – composed, emboldened, proud, reassured.
- Usage – Salman was abashed when Ash married Abhishek.
- Meaning – to decrease in force or intensity, to decrease in amount or value.
- Synonyms – Subside, Decrease, Wane, Slack, Slake.
- Antonyms – increase, intensify, magnify.
- Usage – We were waiting for the storm to abate.
- Meaning – To make short or shorter, To reduce in force, efficacy, or intensity.
- Synonyms – shorten, abridge, curtail, truncate.
- Antonyms – expand, extend, increase, lengthen.
- Usage – SHIT is abbreviation of __ __ __ __ .
- Meaning – to renounce a throne, to give up, to surrender.
- Synonyms – relinquish, renounce, reject, cast off, disclaim.
- Antonyms – assert, assume, challenge, claim, defend, defy, hold, maintain, remain, retain, treasure, usurp.
- Usage – Bush abdicated his power.
- Meaning – straying from the right or normal way, deviating from the usual or natural type.
- Synonyms – deviation, variation, distortion, disorientation, error.
- Antonyms – truth, sanity.
- Usage – The aberrant nature of Heart pulses.
- Meaning – to actively encourage, to assist or support.
- Synonyms – aid, assist, support, encourage, incite, instigate.
- Antonyms – hinder, obstruct, interrupt, restrict.
- Usage – Abu Allibi was killed for abetting Bin laden.
- Meaning – temporary inactivity, condition of being undetermined.
- Synonyms – suspended, withheld, inoperative, out of action, pending.
- Antonyms – ongoing, action, activity, continuance, continuation.
- Usage – The task was held in abeyance.
- Meaning – to regard with horror or detestation, to regard with extreme repugnance.
- Synonyms – Hate, dislike, detest, loathe, despise, abominate.
- Antonyms – Love, liking, admiration, affection, infatuation, idolatry.
- Usage – Abhor the sin, not the sinner.
- Meaning – Sunk to a low condition, cast down in spirit
- Synonyms – beggarly, degraded, wretched, miserable.
- Antonyms – Exalted, proud.
- Usage – Children dwelling in abject poverty.